CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Project #1




So I'm a part of this creative challenge blog called A Sassy Affair. It is hosted by the very talented Summer Crook out of Wichita, Kansas. We are focusing on home decor (which you all know is my FAVORITE) for 6 weeks.
This week we were to work with canvas, which was a first for me. I used modge podge and newspaper over the entire thing, then painted a thin coat of tan, then cut ALL the letters out (BLAH!), temporarily pasted them, spray painted, then glitter sprayed, then peeled all the letters off and added my scrap touches! WOW! Some did their home names, golf courses, etc. I was led to do The Lord's Prayer. The jury is out as far as my final opinon of this. I intended it for my downstairs hallway and it looks like art under the sconce light. What do you think?!

7 comments:

Hartach said...

I like it. It would help to see it in person.

Unknown said...

Brynn... I luv it.. great job, luv how you added the ribbon and flowers on it too :)

Brandi said...

I love it!!! :D

Michelle ~ said...

brynn, I love it! how cool. don't you just know that God is saying, "that's my daughter! isn't she great?" dear one, you are made in His image! and thanks for sharing with all of us. and BTW, it would look absolutely gorgeous in my family room!!!

doggiemom said...

WOW! So when are you giving it away???? LOL I know, I know, too much work to give it away. HAHA It looks great though. May have to do some of this for my own walls. It would help to have something in amoungst all the pictures on the walls. The colors are really pretty too.

Unknown said...

Oh I like it. The colors are so soft and pretty. Ive never worked with Canvas before either. I will have to keep an eye out for what all your create in the next 6 weeks. I love this ideal.

Debbie said...

Hi I know you dont know me but I am Cathy's mother in law. I absolutely love this!!!! I am so partial to the colors and you presented it so well!