CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

If Only I could Just Click My Heels


This is how my living room looked at 5:30 this morning. I was dressed and ready to go. This is also how my living room looks at 10:00 am, waiting for me to UN-pack!

I cannot be too upset, as I am a mom. In my previous post I noted that without Katelyn, I would not be making the 12 hour journey alone. Well, her 9 month old woke up vomiting at 3am and she decided not to try. I understand. I am disappointed but ultimately, it was not meant to be. I'm glad it was a surprise so there won't be much disappointment on the other end! I was in tears, and still thought of venturing alone, depending on my daughters reaction. She is the most dramatic and doesn't get over things easily. I woke her up and explained and through my tears I said I just didn't want her to be mad. She said, "I'm not mad momma. Now dry up those tears!" Then she cuddled back up in her bed. What a great girl! I am bribing them with a movie this afternoon and hopefully we'll hang out with the Del Curtado's (though she's been sick too)! I stand firm in the fact that "God does everything for a reason!" That's all we need to know!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am sooooooooo sorry U aren't making your trip....I hope U get to visit soon!!!!!! U are in my prayers! :):):):):)

Brandi said...

Oh no!!! I'm sorry hun!

We will definately hang out. My house looks like crap, I am coughing like a mofo, but you can come over tonight or tomorrow if you want?

I seriously have been in bed all day. But I need to get up and stop feeling sorry for myself, lol.

Unknown said...

I for one am disappointed, but I didn't tell Savannah...She would not have taken it well that you can't come. I miss you so much. I need your words of encouragement. I'm going through some,,,,junk....
Anyway, I hope to hear from ya soon~~
Love ya