CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Has It Really Been THAT long?















































In my defense-I had a fabulous, lengthy update the Sunday after Thanksgiving, photos and all-and when I went to post it-there was a default and it was gone.

Back now!
We had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for. This was my first year to do the cooking. Andman did I cook-EVERYTHING! My turkey was delish and it all came together well. I was quite proud, and not too shabby for a first timer.

No Black Friday sales for me. My dad(step) and grandma came in and we did up ANOTHER dinner for Friday. It was just as good. We played a TON of Monopoly-it's my dads favorite (he collects it) and Jace is big enought to enjoy a few versions now.

That Saturday we went to the infamous and historical Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe. It was BEAUTIFUL and BREATHTAKING! My dad let me use his awesome SLR camera and I snagged some great photos-if I do say so myself. Growing up so VERY catholic it was quite inspiring. I was moved to tears when my little girl kneeled down at the front alter to pray.

Since then we've been keeping busy. Chris is now gone to California until just before Christmas. I am trying to get everything ready for Christmas! The tree went up. The stockings are hung and I'm closing in on gifts. I still have a few more to make but right now my scrap room is a disaster (about an F3). And then they need to be mailed, as we are NOT returning to Kansas this year. It's a little bittersweet. I miss everyone terribly-especially my nephews-but ultimately we decided it's best to stay put for awhile. We hope to return in the first quarter of 2009, so long as they hire an assistant for Chris that can cover.

Well-I better get on with my to-do list. I hope you had a thankful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for YOU!

Blessings-B.

P.S. I'm choosing a select few of the hundreds of photos I'd love to share (they went up in backwards order again). Enjoy.

2 comments:

Lori Renn said...

Good for you for cooking a successful turkey dinner, so delish! I've done it so many years I could do it in my sleep, lol! Good food, good times with family. Doesn't get much better.

Liz S. said...

Nice to see an update!!

I'm glad your Thanksgiving turned out wonderul! I didn't have to cook this year, I was really sick, so my dh did it all. I must say he did a Fabulous job, I might have him do it every year from now on, LOL!!

Liz