CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Lights






























Ever since I was a little girl, I have enjoyed going to look at Christmas lights. We would load up as a family (hoping you got a window seat) and venture out one night during the holiday season. Now with my own children, we would drive through The Lights on St. Paul every night on our way home in Kansas! I love Christmas lights! So naturally; I had to find the best Albuquerque has to offer- thus winding up at The River of Lights. They transofrm the Botanical Gardens into a walk-thru display. Bundled up-we set out. Just outside the gate were authentic carolers!! They were amazing-as you can hear in my video-and kind enough to pose with me. The lights here are very different. They were rope style lights put into hundreds of different designs. Some were set to music, others were mechanical (like the dinosaur). The normal James and the Giant Peach style garden was turned into a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory style candy land. I caouldn't resist-as you can tell!! It was interesting, enjoyable, and best of all-great to have a family night. We had a fantastic evening.

0 comments: