CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

In memory; with love.....

My mom bought this plaque while we were out shopping during her recent visit. The quote one it is nearly the same as that on the head stone of what would be my older sister's grave.

Brenee Ann Smith was born and died on September 11 of 1980. Mom felt 'lead' (I believe that's the Lord's work) to purchase this and also felt compelled to memoralize it. She has used a delicate pink trim and then added the crucifex from her casket piece. The little box in the bottom left corner contained the medal they placed on her wrapped blanket. The box now conatins 2 of the roses from her casket piece. She tore her name from one of the service folders and adhered it, along with a photo of the head stone. Her rattle is elegantly added with notions to the top left corner. In the 2nd photo, it shows how she is displaying this piece. She received a "sleep" gift set from my baby sister at Christams and thought the little lamb added a sweet touch tucked behind the plaque.

Sometimes I wonder who she (Brenee) would be. My daughter is named Brenee as a tribute to her and what she would have been. We call her Aubrey, but I think of Brenee often. I cannot imagine the pain my mom must feel; only comforted by the fact she's with the Lord. With Brenee, I am exactly in the middle of 5 girls! An extra older sister would be quite neat, but the one I have is extraordinary. Occassionally while still in Kansas I would drive down to the cemetary she is at. I didn't leave flowers or anything I should have, I was just compelled to be there. I am sure to visit on my return trip as well. She's just always there, and I 'm thankful.

I love that my mom has created such a beautiful piece of art to keep my sister in our thoughts and prayers. I am often amazed by her creativity and grateful I was given some! God Bless you who read this insight into my life today. With Love-B.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ABSOLUTELY touching and an amazing tribute!!!!! WOW WOW WOW....there are tears running down my face....{{{hugs}}}! :):):):):)

Naomi Ockeman said...

beautiful!

Unknown said...

I cant imagine the pain your mother has felt.

Brandi said...

That turned out so sweet. What a perfect way to capture her memories.