CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WOW!

Sometimes life just zooms by. I LOVE IT! I love being busy and loving life.

I'll back track a little since its been a few days. I have every intention of blogging regularly. You may understand my delay after reading. Grab a slice of pumpkin pie and read on.....

Late Friday night I started to finish the kits I've been working on for my receipe class at Scrappin' Time. I may have mentioned that I met several AMAZING women at the November class, some of which rewuested kits from my October class. Anyways-I was finishing those and my phone rang. It was Brandis' boyfrind Josh calling. (She's the pregnant one)! He said Brandis was leaking more than she had been and expressed his concern. He wanted to verify that a mucus plug can only be lost once, so that it must be something further. Brandis was not concerned. He called back about 60 seconds later. We discussed the positives and negatives of going in to be checked, which Brandis was completely against. I asked him to ask her if she'd like me to come over and check everything out. YES! So I loaded up fairly quickly and the phong rang as I got there. We had a gush of fluid to the floor. Her water has DEFINATELY broken!! I helped her up and cleaned up and we got her dressed and Stryker ready. Stryker was suppossed to go to Josh's sisters house but she was having issues-involving the police. Stryker was going to stay with Uncle Chris. Brandis was so calm. Josh was so anxious! I took Stryker to my house and with a quick change of clothes (I didn't want to look like white trash) I was on my way. Josh and I were there with her in the interm room. They were trying to determine if indeed her water had broken. HELLO! I said, aren't the gush of fluid and continuous contractions enough?!? NO! The speculum was mentioned and Brandis refused. Her exam on Thursday had been tramatic and she did not want another one. Josh and I made jokes to make her relax. You know-this guy was rated 4 out of 5 stars on vaginal exams-9 out of 10 women recommend him-and so on. She complied and we proceeded. Of course, it testes positive for amniotic fluid and we were moving to a more permanent room by about 2:30 am! Now mom, Brayla and Maria (Josh's mom) could join us. She was in labor for hours. I tried to go to Brayla's house and lay down for an hour but it was no use. Mom was out with all her meds so she went home to bed. At 7am she was getting her epidural and if labor was not progressing she was going to start pitocin. The baby was decelerating, but labor progressed. She was dialiating well and could feel every bit of it. She was dialted to 6 and the baby was at 0 position when we were asked to leave the room. They were trying to put on internal monitors, rushing around and in less than 4 minutes we wre back in with the baby BOY! He was not breathing! On the apgar scale of 1-10, he was pushing to get a 1 after 5 minutes. I touched his cheek as they checked his air. Meanwhile-I commanded mom to be by Brandis. Brayla had diligently held her hand for hours but mom was back and Brandis needed her. The babis hands and feet were still blue and white. It scared me and I prayed. Just as soon as everything had happened, it settled down. The room was cleaned up and I left. Chris was being well-an ass-and I had to get home for him to go to work. HELLO!?! A baby is being born here-and he's my nephew.

He was upset about having Stryker-without being asked-and I am still upset at him several days later. I called a sitter over so that I could nap. I rested about 1 1/2 hours while they want to the park. God send-thank you Abby! I had a class that afternoon. My "Pick of the Patch" double layout. It was filling up and I had to prepare. The sitter had to leave so I begged Chrissy to come over. Reluctantly, she came. Another God send. If it weren't for her I don't know how I'd have made it! THANK YOU! Then-I was late. Karen wanted to talk with me. She was upset that I presumed things that she felt I shouldn't. I respect her and can't stand if she looks cross at me-so I cried! It had been such a long, emotional ordeal-I couldn't help it. She gave me the hugs I needed and we straightened things out. Home to releave Chrissy. She is now entitled to anything in my scraproom, as I am endebted to her. I payed the first sitter! Time to clean up and load up. Stryker had yet to meet his baby brother and I hadn't held him! After coaxing, Chrissy joined us. It went well. He is a true joy. We grabbed Arbys on the way home and Shrek the Third. I was out within 5 minutes of the movie starting! I did not sleep well though-I ws so overwhelmed.

Chris and I tried to talk about things for the next 2 days, to no avail. He makes me so angry sometimes. I don't feel I should have to 'ask' for anything-let anyone everything! He thinks it's respectful to do so. ARGH!

We kept Stryker until Monday evening. It was quite a lot to handle but I was glad to help. We decided that I'm going to stay home with the kids and do my scrap and card stuff. I sent out letters to have my cards carried at a few stores so hopefully that will go well. I am getting ahead for classes at Scrappin' Time. My December receipe cards are complete and up for display. I stole a bunch of pictures from my mom today to use for a nastalgic (sp) Christmas layout. I'm simmering down about Chris. Love conquers all, right?

We're fairly prepared for Thanksgiving. I'm making the deviled eggs tonight and picking up pies from Spears tomorrow.

My mom stopped by tonight unannounced. We were just cleaning out drawers and putting up clothes so it was a mess. I hate it whn my mom sees my house messy! I want her to know that I love to live clean and organized. It's just that I have 3 kids...and a husband! She gave the kids Color Wonder packahes, and they have been happily coloring away for awhile now. Hollan's asleep. The greatest part? She wrote me a letter. I was in tears as I read her expressing her gratitude for me and my kids. It's such an amazing feeling to be appreciated-and I am extra thankful for that letter! It's just what I needed! On the envelope she drew a hand turkey! It's too cute and now resides on my fridge-surely to show up on my Thanksgiving layouts for this year!
I'm going to try to post pics. I've never done it. I'll post my thankful list soon too. I have SO musch to be thakful for!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello came across your blog very interesting and such raw emotion in your writing. I wrote a blog today first time for me cause i just needed to vent because of society. Anyway the reason im writing to you is because as i read this blog i realised that you might be the family i have heard a bout and wrote about. Please do not be offended if it is your family im talking about because i had no idea. If its not then sorry to have bothered you.
Thanks
nat