CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kiddie Lit

I'm excited to have stumbled upon a great new challenge blog, Kiddie Lit, which my blog friend Julie designs for. It is more than conveinent that their first post is on "The Wizard of Oz!" As many of you know, I am from Kansas, born and raised. When I moved, my BFF Chrissy began my collection! Since then, I have acquired the mini dolls and flip book, and it continues. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted for the layout to be. This is EXACTLY what I had in mind, however it did NOT start out that way! I worked on it for 3 hours, Saturday at the Krafty Ladies crop. Aubrey helped me rip it all up so that I could re-use the buttons! Now-I LOVE IT! IT is SO symbolic. First of all, I made the "yellow-brick-road" paper, embossing with gold. Then there's the "ruby-red-slipper" letter quote, sparling with stickles! Of course the rainbow, plus the little sewn tornado (I drew it and then stitched it) and the photo mat is cut into the shape of Kansas (on ble gingham paper)! The journaling reads: "Kansas was all I'd ever known proir to the fall of 2008. My Wizard of Oz collection reflects my roots and refuge." I often do not like my work-but this as exception-finally playing out into what I began imagining when reading their blog. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Brandi said...

I absolutely LOVE it. You are so talented Brynn.


YAY!!!! See you tonight darlin! MWAH!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Brynn!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY that U played along with us!!! AND this is JUST GORGEOUS!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those rainbow buttons, the PHOTOS...and that SEWN TORNADO is PURE PURE PURE PURE PURE GENIUS!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH for PLAYING along with us!!! YAY! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

this is lovely, esp the rainbow

Denise said...

Oh, that button rainbow is the BOMB!!! Good luck, your interpretatioon is fAbULoUs!!!

Danica Spencer said...

love it!!

Lori W said...

girl, you rocked the challenge! awesome job!
Lori
--Kiddie Lit DT

Natasja said...

Thanks, Brynn.., for your comment on my blog !
What a wonderful layout, I love the button rainbow..

Miss Jaster said...

that is fabulous brynn!! LOVE the little rainbow ribbon and the shaped photo matting, and the stitched tornado!!

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

wow that lyout is so cool. love the rainbow.. thanks for playing along with us.

Hartach said...

I love the whole idea and look of this page. The tornado makes me envious because I could/would never think of that. Note: I hate tornadoes!!! I would love to scap-lift this.