CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

So....20 days?! Anyone worried?!

If so, thank you for your concern. In not, why not?! lol We left for our first trip back to Kansas on the 18th of March. We returned on the 24th, with a new dog and the flu. The REAL flu, followed by a stomach virus and I have been miserable up until 2 days ago! Unbelievable! Ughh... I am so appreciative for health! Seriously, at my lowest point, I was willing to trade my entire scrap stash for health. I prayed-and my bff Brandi brought me disolvable Zofran and her comfort and medicine began my restoration. We had to reschedule Aubrey's 5th Birthday Party and I missed Brandi's Catholic commitment wedding, plus openeing day of Little Leauge! I am feeling much better now and cleaning the disaster that occurred. You will not see any pictures of my fantastic scrapbook finds, as I consider that evidence and I dont want to convict myself. Enjoy the rest of the trip and happenings detailed for you below!


This is what I found when I went to pack Chris' suitcase. Hollan had been fretting, running around packing his teeny Thomas backpack so as not to be left-and then he fell asleep....










Jace's good friend Zach was speechless when Jace showed up at his door. It was Jace's 8th Birthday and his wish to see him. They played and caught up for awhile....and I was there to snap pictures!








This is our kitty. We had to leave her with my mom, as we have free roaming coyotes out here and there are NO cats around. It would have been selfish to bring her and hope for the best. It was good to see her again.



My older sister turned 30 on March 13th. We held a surprise party for her when we were there. The theme was NERDY THIRTY! Jace did not willingly participate, but my step-father did, and my nephew Braxyn.










Here's the 4 of us. Yep-that's me with the uni-brow. I'm not really that fat....and I sewar it's impossible for Brandis or Brayla to look nerdy, which might equal ugly too! It was a blast. My mom and dad dressed up as well! Too much fun!




The 2 older girls shown here are Chelsey and Sara, they are my adopted daughters. They stayed the night with us once and attended the Chuck E. Cheese birthday party the following day. **Note: do NOT host a party at Chuck E. Cheese on a Sunday!




The clebration was for both Jace and Aubrey's birthday. This is my beautiful baby sis Brayla. She has a sense of humor similar to mine and always makes me smile.







Me and Brax! LOVE HIM!





My BFF Chrissy and I. We had a great day shopping and exploring in Old Town, including an impromptu photo shoot-not shown :) Love her-and miss her.









And debuting....Benjamin. This is our new 'puppy' Ben. He is a blue doberman and sweet as pie-though you still wouldn't climb our fence in the middle of the night-would ya?!















We're still doing some training, but he is huse-broken and I love him already!







That's me-holding the first bottle of water I've ever drank in my entire life. Yep-EVER. Quite an accomplishment from the Eastern medicine doctor I had seen. Thanks Randy. He also released some pent up energy and anger and over all made me a better person ;)












Finally-this is the view from my seat. on our way back. We wre STUFFED in to return with everything acquired and left. I even had my legs crossed and my bead box underneath me! It's amazing we made it with our sanity.
The suitcases are unpacked and I am pre-paring for the reschedule of the Princess birthday party! I have yet to Easter shop and I nedd to do about a million other things. But...I can check bloggin off my list! Blessings.....

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I am glad to see you blogging again (like I am even one to talk, lol).

Thanks for coming over last night. You rock. Love ya.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

AWESOME photos and I am HAPPY that U are feeling better!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the new puppy and the suitcase shot!!! That is ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are healthy again!!! YUCK the flu no fun!! Looks like you had fun while you were home!! Glad you had a chance to stop. It was great to see ya chica!!

Unknown said...

Was starting to wonder about you....
I hate Zofran. I was on it my entire pregnancy, and even then it didnt always work. Oh my its sooo expensive too. Glad your healthy again.

Lori Renn said...

Glad you are feeling better, hon!