CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So Frustrated

I had an AMAZING weekend attending a Close to My Heart Stamp Camp in Las Vegas but it all disappeared when I had to return to the realization that we have 2 additional adults living with us-who can't seem to pick up after themselves! Ugghhh- Chris' brother Curtis and his wife Paula wanted to escape their formal lives and challengs and begin again-here. I agreed-but I didn't ralize that that would mean I would have to adjust to THEIR MESS! Chris said that after a few days of letting them settle in we'd have a 'ground rules' talk, however now he has recounted that, because his brother is so easily upset and quite irrational. Seriously? Empty cans, dirty socks, empty botles, shoes, etc. all ON MY FLOOR?! Not to mention finishing off food or drinks without alerting me or replacing them. How am I expected to withstand this? I expect my home to be in prestine condition-and did I mention they brought a PUPPY?! I am 22 weeks pregnant now and after awhile I just can't be held responsible for my actions.....It is straining my hubby and that is by far the WORST PART. I am frustrated-his brother doesn't want to deal with it and then Chris feels in the middle, wanting both of us to be happy. What am I to do and how am I too cope?! This is NOT what I had in mind-after all, 2 more adults means 2 more to clean and help, right?! At first I doubted myself and my expectations, but I have never pretended to be anything I'm not or anything other than who I am-and this is unaceptable.

~With desperation-B.

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* I feel your pain....of course the ITALIAN Julie would just go off on them....see my nickname is "LANA" which is "ANAL" backwards....Mama don't like messes....I do not care how "sensitive" his bro is...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo....I'm doing your butt a favor by living here??? Then guess what??? My rules will be followed....or have a nice life!! LOL!!! See Italian Julie...does have a mean streak!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh Girly I feel for you!! We have a family member that is just bouncing from one family to the next because after awhile they get sick of her ways... Instead of the family telling her what the problem is they talk to everyone else!! I say talk to him straight forward, he is a grown man...It's time for him to deal with some reality!! I know easier said than done... xoxox

Liz S. said...

Oh girl you should not have to be putting up with that while you are pregnant, or ever actually!

It's your house too and while I understand he's your brother-in-law I would just tell him straight up you're not the maid, the cook, or anything else they think. They are requried to contribute to the household, cleaning, doing their own laundry, shopping for groceries, and cooking. If they don't like it then they should go find different living arrangements.

Are they at least working and trying to find a place of their own?

Michelle ~ said...

Brynn, girlfriend we need to talk. Think of me as an older sister (48yo) and let me tell you how I've handled this in the past. The first time I did exactly what you are doing ... it ended awfully! The 2nd time, I literally drew up a contract with 'ground rules' typed out. This is for everyones sanity and protection and healthy living. And sweet one in your state you do NOT need this added pressure and/or stress. Lovingly explain your lifestyle and let it be a learning (obviously needed in a restart!) experience. And this is your home ... and YOU want to protect it, your family and YOUR SANITY. Prayers girlfriend. and if you want to call ... email me! and we'll chat! and realistically YOU should be able to leave a list of 'to do's ... and it get done by them. My contract included .. buying their own food, taking care of animals, cooking on a set schedule etc. I know it's hard .. very hard ...

Becky said...

Bless your heart! And your pregnant to boot! You need to find a meditation place for yourself so you can escape. You are certainly in my thoughts.