CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Waiting to Post

I've waited because I wanted my project to be the first thing Janet saw when she opened my blog. I didn't win, but Janet Hopkins read my blog! I have a personal e-mail from her!! I am recovering from a pretty intense sunburn. We went swimming at my dad's on Saturday. We had a great time and I thought I may be a liitle pink, as I am a pastey white girl. But now.....you know those bright pink shirts I wear? Well, you can't tell where the shirt ends and Brynn begins!! Oh well. It was worth it.

It is worth mentioning that I had a wonderful ADULT conversation last night. No, not the XXX kind, but the kind where you escape your world of children and seek comfort in another woman. ;) That sounds XXX. You should know that it was on the phone! It was just what we both needed. Thank God for small miracles. I really needed that 20 minutes from my kiddos and it couldn't have been spent with a better ear (attached to her pretty head of course). I am so very blessed to have such AMAZING friends!

We went to Pump It Up today. It was part of the rewards from reaching (in fact they exceeded) their summer reading program goals. It said that each age group was an hour and a half but apparently they rotate groups in for 20 minutes each. That's it. I am grateful. The kids had fun. I just feel a little mislead. We intend to go to Rock River Rapids on Friday. All of us. We are wrapping up the summer and have NEVER BEEN! I thought I had all of the school supplies purchased, but then, while cleaning my scrap room, I found the original list from the teacher. Since when do 2nd graders need post it notes and a box of scotch tape?!?! We are completely enrolled at both schools and ready to go for the first day. Fortunately, the person in charge of making schedules is a scrapbooker and the kids begin on different days! We got plain colored backpacks with tons of things to add and personalize each. I'll let you know what we come up with.

All right. Lots of business to attend to. Blessings.

2 comments:

Michielle said...

Sorry you didn't win!!! You should have...cause I LOVE YA!!!! You take care of that beautiful Alabaster skin that you have on Friday.....of course, you're a lobster now, so maybe you'll be a 'pink Alabaster skinned beauty'!!!! Love ya, Love ya, LOVE YA!!!
Michielle

doggiemom said...

Way to go mommie! Your'e such a trooper. Maybe the teacher wants to mark in their books with the post-its? I don't even remember seeing post-its when I was in school. EWWW!!! that's old! LOL